Monday, November 28, 2005

"The truth is -- I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office."

There's so much CORRUPTION & LIES in D.C. these days it's nice to know someone has the COURAGE to face the music -- when it's clear THEY ARE GUILTY!

Re-READ THE TITLE OF THIS POST.

Those words are long-overdue, from many in Washingthon DC. It could be anyone. In this case, though it's neither Dick nor George. Not Don, Condi, Tom, Karl, Bill, Denny, or any of the others...
But Duke Cunningham, resigning from Congress today with a floor-speech that included these SIMPLE words, accepting RESPONSIBILTY:
I publicly declared my innocence because I was not strong enough to face the truth. So, I misled my family, staff, friends, colleagues, the public -- even myself. For all of this, I am deeply sorry.

The truth is -- I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office. I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions
I feel like Atrios, here, at Eshaton. A little sorry for the guy, but... remember: He's the one who sold his San Diego home to a Defense Contractor for ~$300,000 over market-value -- in exchange for pushing their Defense Appropriations thru his subcommittee (or something sleazy to that effect). This in addition, it appears, to other incidents of GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION, and war-profiteering, yacht-bribes...
Talkingpointsmemo.com has The-Best coverage on the "Duke-ster," California Republican Representative Duke Cunningham's GUILTY plea and RESIGNATION from the House. TPM-Main, link-right also. Workin', Herb.

UPDATE: Imus in-the-morning, didn't feel sorry: "-the guy steals $2.5-Million, and now he's crying." For what it's worth. Oh, and "Guilty," ...it's broadcast by msnbc at 4am and we's workin' late.

2 Comments:

Blogger tbone-er-roni said...

I like this story but did you really just quote Imus? That guy can hardly make a sentence anymore! Him and Howard Stern should be put in a room together. Hopefully a nuclear reaction will occur with both of them annihilating the other similar to a reaction of matter and anti-matter. The result would most likely be pure energy that we could bottle up and make useful. Everyone knows that both of them in their current state are just bags of hot air!

05:53  
Blogger tbone-er-roni said...

The crying part was kind of funny. Are we really supposed to feel sorry for this puke? No chance! Good riddance!

05:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home